These are GREAT with a capital G!
Low fat, tasty, flavoursome, packed with fibre, potassium, protein and energy. Requires no cooking. Great treat. Snack. Pre-post work out nibble.
Perfect for children and adults alike. Gluten intolerants, diabetics, pregnant moms…nom nom nom!!!
Here’s what you need:
5 slightly overripe bananas – full of flavour, but still firm
1 cup of 0% fat greek yoghurt
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
3 tblsp agave nectar (or honey or sugar reduced fruit spread)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pepitas (pumpking seeds)
1/4 cup freshly ground linseed meal
Bamboo skewers cut in half
Super simple and really easy to do:
1) In a food processor (or if you dont have a food processor, a stick mixer or blender works well), place yoghurt, cottage cheese and agave and process until well combined. You dont have to use agave (I personally dont, but if you need it a bit sweeter then go for it). The yoghurt mixture will be a bit thinner now. Scoop everything into a freezer proof bowl and place in the freezer for ~20-30mins to thicken slightly.
In the meantime you can prep the rest:
2) Cut peeled bananas in half and insert the 1/2 length skewer from the cut surface through the entire length of the banana (make sure it doesn’t stick out the top).
3) In a food processor or spice/coffee grinder place seeds and pulse until ground up into a semi-chunky meal. It should not be too fine, just chopped up pieces.
4) Mix seeds and linseed meal together in a bowl.
By now your yoghurt-cheese mix should be thickened.
5) Coat skewered bananas with yoghurt. Carefully roll in seed mix. Place on baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and freeze.
6) Once firmed (~30-45mins) transfer to a freezer proof container.
Eat and enjoy :-).
This can also be done with dark chocolate and mixed nuts. I’ll post this recipe up soon.